Ry's Git Tutorial BOOK Review
I want to stress out although I'm going to list below what this books talks about that is not the reason you should read this book. The reason you should read this book is that it's crystal clear about git! it's just an amazing book, it's fun to read, and I truly get to understand git.
- It very clear, Ry's manages to bring us closer to git by making things really clear.
- Ry's makes an outstanding effort to bring us from knowing nothing about git to being an expert.
- The book starts with the real basics like Initializing the repository on an example website, staging files, exploring the repository.
- Then he moves on to undoing changes and he scans various ways you can undo your changes: viewing old revisions, tagging release, undo commit stages etc.
- Branches: Viewing branches, renaming branches, Merging and deleting branches, publish hotfix, cleaning up feature branches.
- Rebasing: There is a whole chapter about rebasing, publishing new fixes, cleaning up commit history, interactive rebase.
- The book moves on with rewrite history, remotes, centralized workflows, distributed workflows, patch workflows, tips and tricks, plumbing.